Monday, January 19, 2009

Joy.....

Watched a very good movie last night, "The Bucket List", I'm a big fan of Jack Nicholson and I love Morgan Freeman's voice...so might not be your cup of tea, but I liked it. It also, surprisingly, had a faith based message...very unusual for a Hollywood hit.

A couple themes resonated from this movie, one - faith, the other - joy. Seems these are intertwined in my view...don't think you can have one without the other. At one point Morgan (a very smart man that knows a lot of trivia) says to Jack...some Egyptian religions believe that when you die and approach the afterlife, before being allowed in are asked two questions: Did you live a life of joy, and did you bring joy?

I know, as a Christian and follower of Jesus, that I won't have to "pass" a test to enter, I have already secured my eternal life, but this question does make one think. Do you have Joy? Do you bring Joy (blessings?).....

My greatest joy has been from my family (you can read about my husband below)..., my daughter--she was conceived and born, as an answer to prayer by a childless couple who longed to be parents for 5 long years--she is truly a gift of God. I have now been blessed with two beautiful grandson's who are a constant source of love and laughter and hope for the future, and my son-in-law who saw all our blemishes and jumped on board to sail through this life with us. I couldn't have chosen a better son than Ronnie and love him like my own.

So I think I can answer, "Yes, I have joy, I have love, I have Christ, and I have hope...." Here's a glimpse of my grandson's performing their version of "Riverdance".....one of Jack's favorites, and a taste of my Sunday afternoon Joy....don't you love Evan's red shoes, he does!

2 comments: